The term Email marketing can be defined as a method of direct marketing certain commercial messages or a particular message to a group of person using email. This means, any email that is sent to a customer can be termed as email marketing.
- The idea of email marketing can be of some useful purposes like-
- Using emails for sending advertisements of different products, brand awareness, business requests.
- Sending emails and messages with the indication of getting new customers or asking other existing customers about ordering of products.
- Advertisements and information related to other branches and companies can also be attached and send to the customers.
The Different Ways of E-mail Marketing
The process of Email marketing can be implemented by either of the following ways-
- Direct Marketing or Normal Email Marketing – This process involves sending of emails and messages for the only purpose of advertising or promoting a product to certain customers who have been selected.
- Transactional Email Marketing – The process of transactional email marketing can be used for delivering information regarding a particular action. This marketing process is generally dynamic. That means, it is based on the customer’s ongoing dealings and proceedings with a company. The messages in this type of email marketing mostly include confirmation emails related to order or purchase of a product, email receipts, password resetting messages, etc.
Advantages and Usefulness
Some of the advantages and usefulness of Email marketing are-
- As sending of an email is not so hectic and the process is also quick, it therefore, allows a business to operate smoothly.
- Returns or investments for the exact amount can be tracked and the copy of that information can remain with the company as well as the customers.
- Is very effective in the growth and excel of a business. Advertisements related to sub branches and their products can also be promoted.
- Helps in the establishment of cross selling, marketing platforms.
- Provides options for valuable feedback from clients.
Email Marketing is a very useful tool for the potential increment and marketing of products among different customers. It is, thus, helping in the growth of a business by constantly inviting a large number of customers.